Lancasters is committed to protecting and fairly dealing with the privacy of our website visitors, clients and anyone using our services, or purchasing product & services from us, or obtaining free advice, for any lawful purpose.
According with that commitment and in keeping with the National Privacy Principles and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (an Australian law):
1. We will not disclose to anyone the name, email address, IP or other personal information gathered from anyone in the course of providing our services and products and advice, unless it is with the explicit authority or request from the author of the email;
2. We will not disclose to anyone the content of emails sent to us unless it is with the author's explicity authority or request;
3. Anyone sending email messages or attachments to us for any lawful purpose will not have their information disclosed to anyone not connected with Lancasters. We never on-sell such information and use it only for the purpose for which it was intended by the sender;
4 . In the process of maintaining statistical data about our website's operation and its internet visitors we collect various data derived through cookies and other standard methods. Such data retrieval from a visitor's computer can be blocked by visitors by the use of suitably configured firewalls and other software and hardware methods. The type of data we collect are the visitor's IP, date and time of visit, entry page and pages viewed, operating system and browser system, screen resolution and plug-ins details. None of this data identifies an individual unless tracked by lawful methods employed by law enforcement agencies. The data we so gather is retained by us and is used only by us for the purpose of website management and development.
5. Any of the data (including emails) we are given, collect, store or know of (on our machines) in the course of our business is secured in keeping with Section 4.1 of the National Privacy Principles relating to securing and management of personal information. We are aware of the risk of hacking, virii, trojans, web bugs or physical intervention with our computer systems. Because of these risks we maintain several firewalls, the latest anti-virus software and attack tracking systems, both physical and electronic. Sensitive data about individuals is encrypted. Data that is incidentally or routinely collected and stored by hosting machines is subject to legal protection and obligation imposed on the owner of the hosting machines and we accept in good faith that the organizations providing hosting services to us protect the privacy of individuals about who data may reside on their machines.
6. Should any individual believe our actions or methods have compromised their privacy as defined under the Act, such individual can request us to reveal the information we have with respect of that individual, or request that we delete that information. Anyone requesting access to such data must satisfy us in accordance with the Act as to their identity and lawful purpose for the request. Frivolous requests for access to such data will not be acted upon. Deletion of electronic data on our machines is carried out by the use of data and header wiping software that meets military standards, unless or where such deletion and wiping may compromise or damage other data stored under the same header or folder ID code.
7. All or any of our commitments expressed above are relinquished where we are required to cooperate with a lawful process of a law enforcement agency duly authorised by law to access such data and information, or are required to relinquish such commitment under subpoena.